Friday, May 11, 2018

The Return Home & The Stressful Search

As most of you know by now, I decided to end my journey in Costa Rica and return to the States. I came back last month (April) and moved with my mother to Sebring, Fl. My dad's coming a bit later. Anyways, the choice to come home, as mentioned previously, was not an easy one but it was the right one. I'm glad to be here with family and friends to support me. However, I would not trade my experience in Costa Rica for the world! I met so many amazing people and made so many awesome memories! I can't wait to go back and visit.

When I decided to come home, I immediately started job searching. I applied for a job with Enterprise, the car company, that we all thought was going to be a sure thing. Only, it wasn't. I was extremely disappointed when I got the email that I didn't get the position, after I'd flown to Tampa for 24hrs for an interview. Maybe it wasn't the smartest decision to fly there but for an interview but I thought it'd be worth it.

Since then, I've been searching for jobs here in Sebring and in the Orlando area. The search is extremely stressful and draining. I thought that I'd for sure be able to get a part-time job (or two), to hold me until I could find something full-time. Unfortunately, I was wrong again. It's low season here in Sebring so all of the places are cutting back on their employees and hours. Not hiring like in the DMV for the summer. All of the snowbirds left and since this is a major snowbird town, there's no need to beef up staffing during the summer.

With the exception of today, I've submitted no less than 4 applications a day. Some days I've submitted more than 10. I've been looking for marketing, administrative, adjunct teaching, admissions positions and more. However, it's definitely a struggle.

I ask that you all keep me in your prayers as I continue this search. I pray that I will be gainfully employed by the end of this month and if that's not what I'm supposed to be doing, I pray that God will show me what it is that I am supposed to be doing. I ask that you all pray for the same.

I love and appreciate all of the support!

Love,
Kelli Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment