Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Arrival

It's been a long time coming! I've been planning for this move since February 2017 and I'm finally here! My goal was to post this first entry yesterday but it was a ridiculously long day and I was exhausted. Now that I'm well rested, I can tell you a bit about my new, temporary digs.

I arrived in San Jose, Costa Rica, yesterday, August 15th after about a 4-4.5 hour flight. After breezing through immigration and customs, I met with my driver, John, who brought me to my host family. John was really cool and get this, he's born and raised Seventh Day Adventist!

Anyways, my host family is pretty nice.The mom's name is Maria Eugenia and the dad's name is Jose Fabio. They have 3 grown kids, one of which lives with her husband and kids in the annex apartment behind the main house. They also have two dogs, India and Uncle, as well as a lot of chickens and a turkey!

I have my own room and will have one other student staying here in the room next to mine. We start class on Monday, August 21. Yesterday, while going to get a Costa Rican sim card & phone number, my host parents drove us past the school so that I could see my walking route. It's about a mile or so away from their house. I'll actually walk it today so that I can get accustomed to the route.

That's all I have for now! Looking forward to seeing what each day brings and sharing my journey with you all! Until then, remember to Travel often, Live your life and just Be you!

Love always, 

Kelli Marie

7 comments:

  1. Glad you got there safely and you like your host family. Be well and I will be praying for you! Love you Kelli Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! What a great experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaaaaay! Can't wait to keep up with you on this blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you made it there safely! Looking forward to reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Goddaughter! Proud of you 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. So awesome! You'll have to post a pic of the chickens and turkey lol. Can't wait to hear more about your journey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pura vida 💜 good luck! I'm looking forward to the next post 😊

    ReplyDelete