Saturday, August 26, 2017

First week complete!!


So I'm writing this as I'm sitting looking at the scenery in the photo above! The first week of my TEFL (teaching English as a foreign language) course is finally complete!!! Yesterday was the last day of class and we spent today traveling to and on the beach. 

I'm feeling pretty good about this course so far! We got an introduction to TEFL and a bunch of grammar refreshers. We also started lesson planing since we start student teaching next week. My first class is Monday!!!! 😳😳😳 
It's all good though! I'm actually pretty excited about it! My first lesson plan was approved and I completed my second for Wednesday with assistance from my instructor. I'm feeling pretty good about it all! 

The week was intense! Long days and lots of "homework"! Unfortunately, from what I understand, it's only going to get worse! However, everyone that I've spoken to says it's completely worth it, in the end! I believe that. 

In addition to classes this week, the Festival of Barva is happening! They've had a carnival-like set up in the town park all week. Yesterday, was the day of St. Botolomé. The town's citizens dressed up in crazy outfits and scary looking masks and danced in the streets. They also carried pig bladders filled with water and hit people with them. It was crazy!!!! 

Now, I'm sitting on a beach in my happy place! Looking forward to spending the weekend here. Another post about this weekend is yet to come! 

Until then, Travel to new places, Live unscripted, and Be FABULOUS!!! 

Love always, 
Kelli Marie

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo 😎 Rock on Kelli Jean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Kelface!!! I'm also really proud of you. "It's your thang....do what you wanna do"! Your Dad.

    ReplyDelete